Medicare Products, Individual Health Insurance Sales and Customer Service Position
The Schwendeman Agency is an independent insurance agency and financial services firm located in Southeast Ohio, with its primary office in Marietta, Ohio and a second office in Parkersburg, West Virginia. The agency has been in business for 93 years and has an excellent reputation. The Agency has four departments: Employee Benefits, Commercial Lines Property and Casualty, Personal Lines Property and Casualty and Life Insurance, Financial Services and Individual Health and Medicare product sales.
The successful candidate will be in a sales and servicing role working with existing Agency clients and prospects for Medicare products and Individual Health Insurance sales. Additionally, this position will involve servicing of group health insurance clients. Please note this position is an additional position and not a replacement position. Due to growth in this area, the successful candidate will be working with our existing sales and service employees.
- Work with Medicare eligible individuals in the sale of Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plans.
- Work with Individual Health Insurance clients and prospects to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace or short-term policies.
- Maintain licensures and certifications with insurance carriers in order to sell their insurance products.
- Research which insurance plans among several insurance carriers will best meet the needs of our clients and prospects.
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with clients and prospects through regular follow-up, timely quotes and general service support.
- Work with insurance company representatives to help resolve client inquiries related to billing, eligibility, appeals and claims.
- Work in a customer service role for group health insurance clients, fielding phone calls regarding benefit inquiries and claim questions and responding to individuals with resolutions.
- Assist in the preparation of employee benefit booklets and open enrollment materials as needed under the direction of the Account Manager.
- Processes client eligibility requests including enrollments, terminations and changes using various online portals or benefit administration systems.
- Under the direction of the Account Manager, assist with census preparation for marketing and implementation purposes.
- Inputs and maintains record of all activities in CRM system.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support
- This is a full-time Monday – Friday position located in the Marietta office.
- Ideally, be already licensed in Ohio and/or West Virginia for Life and Health Insurance, as well as hold certifications in Medicare Supplemental and Medicare Advantage plans.
- Be self-motivated and independent
- Be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Have an ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects
- Have an ability to learn, retain and adapt to ongoing changes in the insurance industry
- Have proficient time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Must have strong technical skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have strong customer service skills and be able to handle difficult and upset customers
- Have professional communication skills – both verbal and written
- Must be friendly and willing to provide assistance to others
- Must be punctual at all times
- Have the ability to cope in a fast-paced job environment
- Pay range dependent on skill and contribution level
- Competitive Benefits Package